This international workshop is organized in the framework of the Seismic Ground Motion Assessment project SIGMA-2 and of the action (FACT) of the « Action Transverse Sismicité » of the French seismological and geodetic network Résif.
It will be held in the northern French Alps, in Praz-sur-Arly (Belambra Club), from June 9 – 11 2020, and it will include a one-day field trip in the Aiguille rouge massif to visit active fault scarps.
There will be several topics :
- The techniques and latest improvements of fault activity dating methods to resolve neo-tectonic and paleo-seismological issues
- Specific applications of Quaternary dating methodologies to the characterization of the tectonic activity and past earthquake surface rupture history
- and, in the context of slow-deforming regions, a half-day session will be dedicated to the advance of the French active fault working groups, one year after the launch of the « Failles actives in France » (FACT) action, and in the light of the questions raised after the surface rupturing event of November 11th 2019, at Le Teil in the Rhone River Valley.
In order to receive all upcoming information and the registration link please contact :
2nd circular (in the course of February) with :
- details of the thematic sessions and invited talks
- practical information (accommodation, venue, arrival/departure…)
- link to dedicated website for registration and payment