The international workshop “Active tectonics and dating” will be held in a hybrid format from September 14 to 16. This workshop is organized within the framework of the Seismic Ground Motion Assessment SIGMA-2 project and by the “Failles actives France” (FACT) action of the Résif Seismicity Transverse Action.
Location: Praz-sur-Arly, Belambra club “l’Alisier” and online.
- Session 1: Techniques and latest improvement of fault activity dating methods to resolve neo-tectonic and paleo-seismological issues (I) Contributions on dating methods covering the short term (yr-10 kyr) – Chairman: L. Benedetti
- Session 2: Slow active faults of intracontinental interiors – Chairman: Y. Klinger
- Session 1 (bis): Techniques and latest improvement of fault activity dating methods to resolve neo-tectonic and paleo-seismological issues
(II) Contributions on dating methods covering the long term (10 kyr- 2 Myr) – Chairman: PH Blard?
- Session 2 : Active faults in metropolitan France (I) The Le Teil earthquake – Chairman : L. Audin
- Session 3 : Active faults in metropolitan France (II) “French Active fault working group (FACT): regional contributions to the active fault database” – Chairman: L. Audin
The third day will be dedicated to a field trip for good walkers only.